INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Postal address
- Country of residence
- Occupational information
EECC may collect personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- When you register to receive promotional materials from EECC on our “Stay Informed” webpage (http://www.ase.org/involved/stay-informed/signup).
- When you send us an email inquiry.
- When you register for an EECC event.
- When you indicate your interest in supporting the EECC.
- When you complete an entry form for one of our competitions.
- When you make a donation to the EECC. Online donations are processed by PayPal or Corduro, but the EECC has access to information in connection with your donation; however, at no time does the EECC see or retain the full credit card number in connection with your donation. Mailed donations are processed directly by the EECC finance department.
Email Privacy – The EECC to Save Energy does not provide, sell, or rent email addresses to anyone outside the organization.
We may on some occasions use information we collect to inform you of upcoming publications or other marketing material that would serve your interest. We do not sell, lease or share this information with individuals or organizations outside the EECC for any purpose, including marketing or promotional purposes.
RIGHT TO OPT OUT
You have the right to “opt-out” of certain uses of your Personal Information. For example, at the time you are requested to provide Personal Information on this website and/or through our Services, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive promotional correspondence from the EECC. If subscribed to received emails and updates, every EECC correspondence provides the opportunity to update your preferences or to fully unsubscribe. Please understand that if you opt-out of receiving promotional emails from EECC, we may still contact you by email in connection with your account with us or to provide you with important information about EECC’s services.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Please refer to the following privacy policies for further information on how information is handled through third parties used by the EECC:
Form Assembly: http://www.formassembly.com/privacy-policy.php
EECC makes every effort to protect your information, including:
- Physical safekeeping: As a secure facility, our offices are restricted to employees and authorized visitors only. All computers are password-protected.
- Electronic safekeeping: We use a perimeter firewall that is configured to let only necessary traffic through. All computers are patched regularly and have up-to-date antivirus software.
- Administrative safekeeping: All of our website visitors’ information is restricted to EECC offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific function (e.g. processing a donor receipt) are granted access to files and folders on the server containing personally identifiable information. All employees are educated about EECC’s high expectations for ethical standards, policies and practices committed to the protection of user information. Training and review of these policies takes place periodically.
Although EECC takes all measures – physical, electronic and administrative – to prevent unauthorized access to and maintain the accuracy of your data and information, no information transferred over the Internet is 100% secure. The EECC cannot guarantee the total security of information transmitted to us.
USE OF SITES BY MINORS
EECC websites are directed only to individuals who are permitted to share their Personal Information without parental consent and we request that all other individuals (including individuals under the age of 13) not provide Personal Information through the websites.
By visiting our website you understand our privacy statement and limitations.
Last Updated January 4, 2019